Woodland Ridge Estates Covenants
Below are the Covenants for
Woodland Ridge Estates
The Covenants are not intended to place tight restrictions on land use, but rather to help to keep the Development clean and orderly.
RECORDED COVENANTS AND RESTRICTIONS FOR
WOODLAD RIDGE ESTATES
Woodland Ridge Estates: Recorded in Misc. Book 55, Page 524 of the Register of Deeds, Sequatchie County, Tennessee.
- Tracts shall be used for residential purposes only.
- No business enterprise of any kind shall be located upon the
- There shall be no cutting of merchantable timber, except for
the underbrush and clearing for driveway, yard and garden
areas. No logging.
- No excavation of earth from any tract shall be used for
commercial purposes. No ponds or lakes shall be installed
without the prior written approval of the Declarant. Any
construction or other activity affecting streams or wetlands
shall be constructed in accordance with all federal, state and
- There shall be no accumulation of debris, refuse, or trash. No
placement or storage of junk; and no placement of non-
operating vehicles or machinery on property. No automobile
without current license plates or in inoperable condition, used
lumber, building materials, or other junk or debris will be
allowed to stand on or be accumulated on property. No
unsightly structures made of, but not limited to tar paper,
plastic or canvass shall be constructed upon the property. Any
piles of firewood must be neatly stacked. Any boat or utility
trailers must be parked in the rear of dwelling.
- No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on any lot or
tract within the subdivision, nor shall anything thereon which
may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to the
- No multi-family residences shall be located on the property.
- Tracts of ten (10) acres or more may be re-subdivided to
incorporate separate tracts containing a minimum of five (5)
acres. No tract may be subdivided to a size of less than five (5)
acres. Only one home site allowed per five (5) acre tract.
- The property shall be subject to utility easements of thirty (30)
feet on the front of each tract.
- No streets, ditches, signs, or other improvements in the said
subdivision may be modified or altered without the written
consent of the Declarant, or its successors or assigns.
- Any house or mobile home shall be suitable for the lot and
harmonious with other residences in the area, and generally
shall promote the beauty, harmony and desirability of said area as a residential development.
- Any construction on the property must be completed within
nine (9) months of the commencement of the construction.
- No buildings or structures shall be placed within one hundred
(100) feet of any front or rear property line, thirty (30) feet of
any side property line nor within one hundred (100) feet of
any flowing streams unless approved in writhing by Declarant.
- No single-family detached dwelling house or mobile home shall be erected or permitted to remain on the property unless it has a minimum of 1,000 square feet of living area on the ground floor.
- Mobile homes must be new or in excellent condition and not
over two (2) years old when placed on the property. Mobile
homes may not have a metal roof or metal siding and all
hitches and wheels must be removed.
- All homes must be completely enclosed around the bottom
(commonly called skirting) within 30 days of installation on the tract. Skirting may be custom or vinyl material.
- Any additions made to homes or mobile homes (carports,
screen rooms, decks, porches, etc.) shall be constructed of
new, similar materials, and be built in harmonious design and
color to match the home or mobile home.
- Storage and utility buildings must be in conformity with the
residence upon the tract upon which they are located.
- All structures, including but not limited to residences, fences,
decks, porches, out buildings and driveways, must be
constructed of new materials and must be constructed in
compliance with all federal, state and local laws, and shall be
maintained in a good state of repair. Residences shall be
maintained in good repair at all times, including washing and
painting if necessary.
- All homes shall be reasonably landscaped within 30 days of
- All sewage disposal shall be handled by septic tanks and drain f
- Driveways must be graveled, chip and tarred or paved.
- Parking or storage of campers, trailers, boats or other
recreational vehicles, or any vehicles with a GVW in excess of
¼ ton is prohibited except within an enclosed garage or
except near the residence.
- No sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any
lot or tract except one sign of not more than one (1) square
foot indicating the identity of the owner of the property
and/or on (1) “For Sale” sign, of the type customarily used by
persons selling residential property.
- All garbage and trashcans must be hidden from view.
- There shall be no clotheslines erected or installed on the
- Any major mechanical repair work performed on any motor
vehicle shall be done in an enclosed garage or carport, and
shall not be visible from any street.
- Farm animals must be contained in rear of any dwelling.
- No more than four (4) dogs shall be allowed per dwelling and
must be penned or leashed.
- Camping only allowed with consent of the Declarant..